Monday 5 February 2024

Monday 5th Feb: Art Stuff...

 I've decided that Mondays are my art stuff days... arts stuff - things I find useful, or not, ideas for new projects; any ideas for workshops etc etc...  Perhaps I should do a drawing class online... if you are reading this... what do you think?  I have the possibility of doing a brief few days residency with workshops in a Chateaux in France sometime this year.. That's really exciting!!

. I have also recently completed a commission for a drawn portrait from a photograph. Sadly the gentleman in the portrait passed away whilst I was working on the drawing. It is always ethically sensitive to draw someone who has passed, as it becomes a representation of that individual combined with nostalgia and time passing.  I worked for a while in a Hospice with people who wished to be creative during the final journey and there is something very poignant about making marks on paper.





Here's the drawing, all framed and wrapped and ready to go.


I have also been drawing in VR this last week. I saw the line drawings of Don Quixote by Salvador Dali... and I thought... oooh! They would work in VR - so I am exploring this using Open Brush. But I also have some ideas for some new paintings too. I have also been experimenting with percussion using GarageBand on my Ipad Pro... love it!!

Percussion !! yay!!

...and finally I managed to visit a fantastic VR museum exhibition that came to my university - showing LGBTQ plus  artists' work in an interactive virtual museum. It was amazing!! You can get more info about it here: https://lgbtqvrmuseum.com/  


 











 



No comments:

Post a Comment